Data Protection GDPR Policy
BeMore Studio are fully committed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR applies to all organisations and sole traders that process data relating to their employees, as well as to others including customers, contractors and clients. It sets out principles which should be followed by those who process data; it gives new and extended rights to those whose data is being processed.
To this end, we endorse fully and adhere to the six principles of data protection, as set out in the Article 5 of the GDPR.
- Data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals.
- Data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay.
- Data must be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- Data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
These principles must be followed at all times when processing or using personal information. Therefore, through appropriate management and application of processes and controls BeMore Studio will:
- observe the conditions regarding the collection and use of information including the giving of consent
- meet the legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used
- collect and process appropriate information only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil my operational needs
- ensure the quality of information used
- ensure that the information is held for no longer than is necessary
- ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the GDPR (i.e. the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, to access one’s personal information; to prevent processing in certain circumstances, and to correct, rectify, block or erase information that is regarded as incorrect)
- take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal information
- publicise and abide by individuals’ right to appeal or complain to the supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)) in the event that agreement cannot be reached in a dispute regarding data protection
- ensure that personal information is not shared or transferred abroad without prior written consent
BeMore Studio will ensure that:
- personal data is kept securely
- personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or via Web pages or by any other means, accidentally or otherwise, to any unauthorised third party.